IELTS preparation course
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Be able to read and listen more effectively;
- Write more accurately;
- Speak more fluently and accurately;
- Increase your vocabulary range in written and spoken English;
- Understand how you will be assessed;
- Gain necessary academic skills for success in a university;
What to expect from the course:
- Prepare for the exam and achieve your best possible mark;
- Build confidence in using English in real-life situations;
- Improve your General English by increasing your confidence and ability to use the language more effectively;
- Practise IELTS listening tasks under timed conditions
- View sample videos of speaking tests, highlighting good and less good practice
- Develop vocabulary and techniques for writing tasks
- Work on authentic texts for the reading test as in the real exam
- Develop vocabulary in topic areas commonly used in the IELTS exam
- Get advice about western universities
- Learn how to write a cover letter for university applications.
Ways of learning
From this Summer we will offer two different ways of learning: online and in the classroom.
- IN CLASS AT ENGLISH ACADEMY: We have redesigned our classrooms to allow for social distancing and smaller groups, with each student working on their own desk with their own space. All classrooms and common areas are disinfected before and after each lesson and all students and staff are required to disinfect their hands upon entry to the building.
- ONLINE IN A VIRTUAL CLASSROOM >>> Classes are taught on the educational platform of ZOOM - a real virtual classroom with an interactive whiteboard, with visual, written and verbal communication with the teacher and other students in the group, the opportunity to raise your hand, work in groups, where students can watch videos , listen to pronunciation and music exercises, send files, take tests, share links, video and audio.
Over the last few years English Academy has been awarded the highest status with the British council's examination partnership programme - platinum status for IELTS exam for registering the most students with the British Council in the whole of Bulgaria for IETLS.
|Course key information
Upper Intermediate(B2) - Proficiency(C2)
Next IELTS preparation courses in Varna
WINTER TERM 2021: Start 11 January 2021; Registration 4 - 9 January 2021
SPRING TERM 2021: Start 13 April 2021; Registration 5 - 10 April 2021
Autumn, Winter and Spring terms: 12 weeks
Summer term: 8 weeks
Autumn, Winter and Spring terms: 4 hours per week, 60 minutes each
Summer term: 6 hours per week, 60 minutes each
How to register for IELTS:
You can register for the IELTS exam at English Academy. Please bring with you your ID card/passport and a proof of a bank transfer. If you are unable to come you can send a person with your notarised written agreement and with a copy of your ID card/passport to register you.
Fees must be paid by bank transfer to British Council bank account:
CITIBANK, 2 Maria Luiza Blvd., Sofia
IBAN Leva account: - BG77 CITI 9250 1051 0015 01